Slide2Open Shipping Finance 2021 | Post Event: The givens & the non-givens of the Ever Given
To post event του Slide2Open Shipping Finance 2021 The givens & the non-givens of the Ever Given, με διοργανώτρια εταιρεία την Slide2Open, πραγματοποιήθηκε στην πλατφόρμα της e-expo σε ένα 3D Virtual Venue που δημιουργήθηκε αποκλειστικά για την Slide2Open.
On vessel, crew, owner, operator, charterer, cargo shipper, canal authority or caught in “traffic jam;” what will be the legal matters at stake when a ship is grounded in a canal that is responsible for:
• about 12% of global trade • transporting around 1 million barrels of oil • & roughly 8% of liquefied natural gas • has revenues of $14m-$15m p/d of blockage • contributes to 2% of Egypt's GDP
• “Ever Given” grounded – blocked Suez Canal for 6 days & now is arrested for $916 000 000
• Is there a legal basis for a reputational damage of $300m?
• Why is the amount this high if it does not include salvage services?
• Who pays what when it comes to the 400 vessels trapped in the traffic jam? Charterparty delays, perishable cargo etc.
• What is the insurers & re-insurers role in covering expenses? • Can 25 crew members be held captive in this respect?
Join us as we try to assemble the puzzle!